See All Products
Browse Specialty Carbon Blacks products across all applications.All Products List
Today, carbon blacks are used as a pigmenting, UV stabilizing and conductive agent in a variety of common and specialty products, including:
- Plastics: Cabot carbon blacks are now widely used for masterbatch applications, such as conductive packaging, films, fibers, moldings, pipes and semi-conductive cables.
- Toners and Printing Inks: Cabot carbon blacks enhance formulations and deliver broad flexibility in meeting specific color requirements.
- Coatings: Carbon blacks provide pigmentation, conductivity and UV protection for a number of coating applications including marine, aerospace and industrial.
An intensely black powder, carbon black is produced by subjecting heavy residual oil feedstock to extremely high temperatures in a carefully controlled combustion process. Cabot manufactures dozens of commercial grades of varying size and structure, each produced through minute adjustments in different reactors.
As the world's largest manufacturer, Cabot produces nearly 2 million metric tons of carbon black annually and sells it under the following trade names: BLACK PEARLS, ELFTEX, VULCAN, MOGUL, MONARCH, EMPEROR and REGAL.
- Carbon black Selection Guide for Coatings
- Masterbatch Application and Selection Guide for Agricultural Film
- EMPEROR® 1600 and 1200 - Product Guide
- VULCAN® XC72R MSDS: Bahasa Indonesia - Indonesia GHS
- VULCAN® XC72R MSDS: English - Brazil GHS
- VULCAN® XC72R MSDS: Português - Brazil GHS
- VULCAN® XC72R MSDS: English - Indonesia GHS
- VULCAN® XC72R MSDS: español - North America