Have a Question?Contact Us
CAB-O-SIL® M-5P and M-5DP untreated fumed silicas are key excipients in a wide range of pharmaceutical and nutritional supplement products.
Both products function as a glidant or free-flow additive to provide improved tablet production efficiencies and tablet uniformity and strength. CAB-O-SIL M-5P and M-5DP improve the free-flow of powders and granulations -- facilitating the filling of capsules. For soft-gel capsules, CAB-O-SIL M-5P provides anti-settling of insoluble ingredients in the liquid or gel prior to and during filling of the capsule.
An efficient thickener of non-polar liquids, CAB-O-SIL M-5P is ideal for thickening liquids. Because the thickening mechanism of fumed silica is not strongly temperature dependent, CAB-O-SIL M-5P can be used to make non-melting gels and semi-solid preparations such as suppositories.
Certificates of Analysis for every lot of CAB-O-SIL M-5P and M-5DP untreated fumed silica contain results of compliance testing for current pharmacopoeia monograph requirements including:
- "Colloidal Silicon Dioxide" in the U.S. Pharmacopeia/National Formulary
- "Silica, Colloidal Anhdryous" in the European Pharmacopoeia
- "Light Anhydrous Silicic Acid" in the Japanese Pharmacopoeia
Customer Audit Days - Rheinfelden
- CAB-O-SIL TS 622: treated fumed silica for silicone sealants
- CAB-O-SIL Fumed Silica in Unsaturated Polyester Resin
- CAB-O-SIL® M-5DP: A Performance Additive for Tabletting
- CAB-O-SIL® M-5P Fumed Silica: Improving Powder Flow
- CAB-O-SIL® M-5P Fumed Silica: The Performance Additive for Tabletting
Product Data SheetFind more Downloads
- CAB-O-SIL® M-5P MSDS: Português - Brazil GHS
- CAB-O-SIL® M-5P MSDS: English - Brazil GHS
- CAB-O-SIL® M-5P MSDS: español - North America
- CAB-O-SIL® M-5P MSDS: polski - Europe
- CAB-O-SIL® M-5P MSDS: svenska - Europe