Have a Question?Search Our Knowledge Base
At Cabot, we believe a comprehensive audit program is a critical component of assuring SH&E excellence. In addition to performing periodic self assessments, every Cabot manufacturing facility undergoes a corporate-led audit approximately once every three years. The actual frequency and timing of these audits are based on the risk profile of the facility and past SH&E performance. The scope of the audits includes regulatory compliance, compliance with Cabot's SH&E Standards & Guidelines, and industry best practices.
Compliance audits teams are led by a SH&E management professional, and include members from other Cabot sites, as well as outside consulting resources. After the individual site audits, each facility develops corrective actions for findings with timelines for their completion. Cabot's audit manager approves the actions and tracks their completion timelines until they are resolved. The results of the site audits are communicated to senior and business management, and an annual summary of facility performance is reported to the SH&E Committee of the Board of Directors.
Cabot Board Declares Dividend
Cabot's Sustainability Report describes our progress in social responsbility, safety, health and the environment (2011-12).Link
Product Safety & Health
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) Silicas and Aluminas
- Melamine: CAB-O-SIL®, CAB-O-SPERSE® and SpectrAl®
- Nutritional Content & Value - Untreated Fumed Silica
- U.S. FDA Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) - CAB-O-SIL® and CAB-O-SPERSE®
- Animal Testing - Aerogel Products
- Storage Information: CAB-O-SIL® Fumed Silica
- Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) - Carbon Blacks
- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) or Creuzfeldt-Jakobs Disease (CJD) - Aerogel
- Allergens (Food & Cosmetic): CAB-O-SIL® Untreated Silica Products
- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) or Creuzfeldt-Jakobs Disease (CJD) - Carbon Blacks