Have a Question?Search Our Knowledge Base
Sustainability is an important measure of Cabot's continued success. Our latest Sustainability Update summarizes our performance in safety, environmental impacts and community outreach. Since our last report, we have made solid progress in many areas. For example:
- We were recognized for our sustainability efforts by being included in the Calvert Social Index®, ranked a "leader" in the Maplecroft Climate Innovation Indexes (CII) Cycle 3, as well as being named one of the 2012 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine.
- We completed our acquisition of Norit, the world's leading producer of activated carbons.
- We invested more than $35 million in fiscal year 2011 on environmentally-related capital projects to improve efficiency and maintain regulatory compliance. These projects helped to make progress on our goal of a 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emission intensity by 2020.
- We maintained one of the best safety records among global manufacturing organizations with a 2011 Total Recordable Incident Rate (which is the total number of incidents per 200,000 hours worked) of 0.31. We continue to invest in improving our process safety management by focusing on operational improvements and risk reduction.
- Over the past year, we donated more than $1.9 million in direct and in-kind support to a wide-range of programs aimed to improve science and technology literacy, and enhance community health and human services.
We hope you find our sustainability update informative and we welcome your feedback on our progress.
Cabot Board Declares Dividend
Customer Audit Days - Rheinfelden
European Coatings Show
European Coatings Show
Cabot's Sustainability Report describes our progress in social responsbility, safety, health and the environment (2011-12).Link
Product Safety & Health
- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) or Creuzfeldt-Jakobs Disease (CJD) - Aerogel
- U.S. FDA Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) - CAB-O-SIL® and CAB-O-SPERSE®
- Pharmaceuticals (Including Packaging) and Edible Inks - Carbon Blacks
- Carbon Black Shelf Life
- Allergens (Food & Cosmetic): CAB-O-SIL® Untreated Silica Products
- Organic and Inorganic Impurities - Cabot Aerogel Products
- Nutritional Content & Value - Untreated Fumed Silica
- Impurity Information - Cabot Aerogel Products
- Carbon Black User's Guide (ICBA)
- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) or Creuzfeldt-Jakobs Disease (CJD): Silicas and Aluminas