Carbon-Silica Dual Phase Fillers (Part V)
Type: White Papers
Product Line: Rubber Carbon Blacks
Part five in a series of articles on the Carbon-Silica Dual Phase Fillers. This paper demonstrates that, by using analytical electron microscopy, the Carbon-Silica Dual Phase fillers are comprised of aggregates containing both carbon and silica phases. Specifically, the silica is shown to be finely distributed among the carbon phases within the aggregates and within the particles of the dual phase aggregates. Analysis of the silicon content and surface area before and after HF treatment indicates that the silica is incorporated into the particle matrix, rather than exclusively at the surface. The silica domains are estimated to have dimensions similar to the dimensions of the carbon crystallites.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. If you do not have Acrobat installed, please download and install Acrobat Reader for free.
- Cabot Brazil ISO14001 Certification
- Cabot Brazil ISO9001:2008 Certificate
- Cabot Colombia ISO 9001:2008 Certificate
- Cabot Colombia ISO 14001:2004 Certificate
- Ravenna ISO14001:2004 Certification
- Cabot Botlek ISO9001:2004 Standard
- Ravenna ISO9001:2008 Certification
- Cabot Tianjin ISO9001:2008 Quality Certificate
- Cabot Botlek ISO14001:2004 Certification
- Cabot Shanghai ISO9001:2008 Certificate