Have a Question?Search Our Knowledge Base
At Cabot, we are committed to being responsive, responsible and respected citizens in the communities in which we live and work. As Cabot employees, we operate our facilities as if they were located next to our own homes, and we conduct our business in an honest, concerned and caring manner. Earning the goodwill of our neighbors is our goal and our legacy.
Our Corporate Giving strategy is designed to support Cabot's community outreach activities, with priority given to science and technology education and community and civic improvement efforts in the communities where we operate. In 1953, Cabot Corporation Foundation, Inc. was established to support qualified charitable, non-profit organizations in the United States. The Foundation's charter was amended in 1992 to permit grants to qualified charitable organizations outside of the United States. Cabot Corporation also makes contributions to organizations under certain circumstances.
A Corporate Giving request may be submitted by email (download here). In completing the application, you should include the following information:
- A brief statement of the project that addresses its purpose, long-term goals and short-term objectives;
- An explanation of how the project is consistent with Cabot Corporation's business interests;
- The project's potential for lasting impact on the community;
- The project's potential for significant and measurable outcomes;
- Evidence of the organization's tax exempt status: 501(c)(3) or international equivalent;
- A brief background about the organization, its management and Board members, and their qualifications;
- The total project cost, present and potential sources of funding, and the amount requested of Cabot; and
- The latest audited financial statements (in cases where the organization's total budget exceeds $500,000).
Any organization receiving a contribution from Cabot will be expected to provide periodic progress reports on the funded activity or project.
Cabot, through its Corporate Giving Program, will not contribute to the following, except under extraordinary circumstances:
- Religious organizations
- Fraternal, political, athletic or veterans organizations
- Capital and endowment campaigns
- Sponsorships of local groups/individuals to participate in regional, national, or international competitions, conferences or events
- Tickets or tables at fundraising events
- Advertising sponsorships
Funding decisions are generally made four times per year — February, May and August and November — by the Foundation's Board of Directors. Grant requests should be received at least 30 days before a Board Meeting to be considered at that particular meeting. Otherwise, requests will be considered at the next meeting.
For more information regarding Cabot's Corporate Giving, please contact:
Jane A. Bell, Executive Director
Cynthia L. Gullotti, Program Manager
Cabot Corporation Foundation, Inc.
Two Seaport Lane, Suite 1300
Boston, MA 02210-2019
Email us: Cabot.Corporation.Foundation@cabotcorp.com
Cabot Board Declares Dividend
Customer Audit Days - Rheinfelden
European Coatings Show
European Coatings Show
Cabot's Sustainability Report describes our progress in social responsbility, safety, health and the environment (2011-12).Link